Student Body Activities:-
• Computer Society.
• Web Team.
Computer Society of MIT is a student body which aims at enhancing computer skills of students of all streams. To achieve this weekly classes and practical classes are also conducted. The sessions cover C language, Linux and PRE / CATIA (for mechanical streams). Joining hands with Personality Development Association and aptitude test are conducted for final year students. In order to improve technical skills of the students in their respective streams; a monthly event named Juggernaut is conducted. Apart from these, we conduct 2 major Tech-Fest in a year namely Enigma and Carte Blanche. All these activities are posted in our site www.csmit.org which includes the question set of our past events, galleries and info about the upcoming activities
– An annual intra-college technical event.
– It is a mind-boggling activities with problems based on general aptitude.
• CARTE BLANCHE
– helps in creating free software.
• ONLINE APS TEST
– helps to groom in area of aptitude and expertise in mathematical logics and formulas.
• COMMUNITY SERVICE
- This project involves reaching out the young talents in Government Schools, Orphanages and Homes for physically challenged and helping them in learning computers.
College related websites is also hosted under the domain of mitindia.edu successfully some of them are:
• MIT Hostels
The Web Team maintains the websites with updates and important information like placement updates and many more. Web Team of MIT strives to develop the website knowledge among the students of MIT right from the fresher’s to pre-final years.
The Functions of Web Team of MIT includes the following:
• Issuing mail id to all teaching staff in the college under the domain of www.mitindia.edu where all mail id uses the Google applications.
• Frequently checking the inbox mails of college website and forwarding to respective staff members if there is any malfunction of mail.
• Conducting classes for junior students in order to build the web team of MIT well equipped with large number of students.
• Frequently updating the news like placement updates, important information like holiday due to natural calamities etc.
• Publishing information about workshops/conferences that are held in MIT periodically.
The Placement cell at MIT is attached to the Centre for University and Industrial Collaboration (CUIC). The placement activities of the constituent colleges of Anna University are scheduled by the CUIC.
For CUIC, Computer Center Conducts:-
• Online test for the student’s placements.
• Train MIT students in various programming skills to improve their aptitude.
• Conduct Soft Skill Development and Competency Building programmes to the students to increase their employability skills.